Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

I made this for dinner last night, it was inspired by an episode of Chef at Home. I only made a couple small changes from what he did, but next time I want to make it with some Italian Sausage in it, I didn't have any this time to try it. He made it with fennel which I'm really not a fan of the taste of fennel, so I used oregano instead which we love.  The hubby said he preferred it to regular spaghetti sauce, I don't think I really preferred it, but it was definitely a nice change.

 

4 Red Peppers

1 Large Onion

3 Cloves of Garlic(or to taste)

3 tbsp Oregano

milk

olive oil

salt and pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Cut peppers and onions into large chunks. Put them on a baking sheet or pan with garlic cloves, sprinkle with oregano and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in oven for 45 minutes to one hour, until nice and soft.

3. Puree roasted veggies using either blender or immersion blender. Add milk(or cream if you have it) as needed to make it nice and smooth and creamy.

4. Warm on stove while you cook your pasta, adding salt, pepper and more oregano if you wish. Serve on your favorite pasta, I used whole wheat spaghetti as it was all I had in the house.

 

No comments: