Friday, June 27, 2008

Apple Crumble

hmm, guess where this recipe came from? Yeah, of course, www.recipezaar.com, can you tell I love that site?? LOL

Of course most recipes using apples call for a specific kind, I know some kinds are supposed to be better then others for baking, but who am I to actually listen to stuff like that!? I actually made this recipe because I found some apples in the bottom of my crisper drawer, I have no idea how long they were there for, probably about a month, definitely not nice and crispy to eat alone, but still great to peel them and bake with them!(food costs too much these days to just throw away when not necessary!) . The apples I had were Red Delicious.

This was so easy and absolutely delish! I topped it with some Whipped topping to serve but I'm sure would have been great with Vanilla Ice Cream if we had any.

And it just dawned on me now that if you are in Canada, contact your local Epicure consultant and get some VE Apple Pie Spice, I bet that would be fantastic for this instead of just the cinnamon, I have some but didn't even think of it when I made this! If you're in the US, sorry I'm pretty sure Epicure isn't down there, which is too bad because they have some AWESOME spices!

100_0814

6 Apples, peeled and either sliced or cut into bite size pieces, whichever you prefer, I did the bite size.

1/3 cup Brown Sugar

1 tsp Cinnamon

TOPPING:
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour

1/2 cup Brown Sugar

1 tsp Baking Powder

1/2 tsp Salt

1 egg

1 tsp Cinnamon

1/3 cup Butter, melted

1. Mix apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and flatten out in bottom of a baking dish.

2. Mix all the topping ingredients (EXCEPT cinnamon and butter) with a fork. Sprinkle on top of apples.

3. Drizzle melted margarine on top, sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 375F for 40 minutes.

No comments: