Friday, June 27, 2008

Potato Skins

These are the BEST Potato Skins!! I got this recipe as well from www.recipezaar.com, it is recipe #439008 posted by CrAzYcOoKeR222 and I thank them immensely for posting it!! I just found this recipe last week and have made it twice already because they are just sooooo good!

They are different then any other Skins I have had before, because you actually season the skins before baking them and wow does it ever taste fantastic!! Once again, very little change made to this recipe for me because it was so darn good to begin with!

100_0819

4 large Baking Potatoes(ok, use whatever you have, I usually buy big bags of Russets and just pick the nicest ones out of the bag for baking, I actually find the medium sized potatoes make a nicer size Skin)

4 tbsp Olive Oil

1 1/2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese

1/2 tsp Salt

1/2 tsp Garlic Powder(ok, I put in closer to a full tsp because I love garlic powder)

1/2 tsp Paprika

Pepper, to taste

Bacon, as much as you desire :), cooked and crumbled (I always use Turkey bacon, my family likes it better, lower fat and to us has way more flavour)

3 cups Shredded Marble Cheese

Sour Cream

Green Onion, chopped(I find cutting green onion with scissors to be much quicker and easier then chopping with a knife)

1. Bake Potatoes(my way: stab with fork a few times,coat with olive oil and bake directly on rack at 425F for 50 to 60 minutes depending on size). Then cut in half lengthwise and scoop potato out, leave a little bit to support the skin.

2. Combine oil, parmesan, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Brush all over both sides of the skins and place them on a baking sheet.

3. Bake at 475F for 8 to 10 minutes, turn over then bake on other side for another 8 to 10 minutes.

4. Turn skins right side up, fill with cheese and cooked, crumbled bacon.  Bake for a few more minutes until cheese is melted.

Top with sour cream and onions and E-N-J-O-Y!!

2 comments:

Bramblemoon Farm said...

Those look incredible. Hmmm...I wonder how much fat is in them? Never mind--
BAHAHAHA I think I will have to give these a try very soon:)

Lidian said...

Oh my these look amazing! I am going to try them, thanks so much!

Love your blog!