Friday, June 27, 2008

Banana Bread

mmmm, yummy! I've been using this Banana Bread recipe for a couple of years now, my family loves it when I make this. It's a very moist and cake-like version of Banana Bread.

Feel free to add chocolate chips to it if you would like!

100_0818

1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour

1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour

1 tsp Baking soda

1/4 tsp Salt

3/4 tsp Cinnamon(or however much you like, we love cinnamon so I tend to add a lot)

1/4 cup Butter

1/4 cup Applesauce

3/4 cup Brown Sugar

2 Eggs, beaten

1 tsp Vanilla Extract

2 1/3 cups Mashed Bananas(the riper the better, approx 5 bananas)

1. Preheat oven to 350F.

2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

3. In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar together. Stir in eggs, Vanilla and mashed bananas.

4. Add liquid mixture to dry and stir just until mixed.

5. Pour batter into greased loaf pan, bake at 350F for 60 minutes.

I have also made this recipe in an 8x8 glass dish when I didn't have any loaf pans. It came out great, just double the recipe and bake for about 45 minutes.

No comments: